Called To Be One
Called To Be One is a project of the Duluth Area Catholic Schools in support of Catholic school education in Duluth. Bishop Paul Sirba announced the initiative in a letter to all Duluth Area Catholic School families. Called To Be One will produce recommendations for a plan to unify the Duluth Area Catholic Schools (DACS) into one school utilizing multiple campuses and offering a continuum of Catholic school education from Pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade. The project will also work to positively influence Catholic school education throughout the Diocese of Duluth.
Your input is a key component in the planning process. Look for opportunities to participate in the project timeline listed below.
- August 15 to October 13: Community input through online survey. The survey is now closed. Preliminary results are now available here.
- October 14: First draft of working plan available for review here.
- October 14 to November 11: Community feedback gathered on first draft of working plan. The online survey is available here.
- November 12: Community planning retreat #2. Register for the retreat here.
- December 2016: Final plan development.
- January 2017: Plan recommendation by C2B1 planning team to Duluth Area Catholic Schools Board.
Register for the November 12th Planning Retreat
The next planning retreat will be held at St. James Catholic School from 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM.
Frequently Asked Questions
News About Called To Be One
Continue the Conversation
Join our social community and follow us on facebook
We invite you to use these resources to deepen your knowledge of the Catholic faith and education, both past and present, as we form our vision for the future.
Read "Echoes from the Past" here.
Duluth Area Catholic Schools
Duluth Area Catholic Schools offer high academic standards in a faith-filled educational environment. Our neighborhood schools are Holy Rosary Catholic School, St. James Catholic School, St. John the Evangelist Catholic School and St. Michael’s Lakeside Catholic School in Duluth, Minn. Each offers a safe, studious, joyful Catholic school experience that upholds high standards of teaching and the even higher standards of Christ.