St. John the Evangelist School
ST. JOHN'S CAMPUS
1 West Chisholm Street, Duluth
Rev. Richard Kunst, Pastor
GRADES: 5 through 8
SCHOOL DAY: 7:35 AM – 2:10 PM
LATCHKEY PROGRAM: After School until 5:30 PM
FAITH FORMATION: Weekly Mass, daily religious instruction and prayer services
BUSING: Busing is available within the city of Duluth and some surrounding areas.
Please call for more information.
LATCHKEY PROGRAM: After-school latchkey is available for all students.
LUNCH OPTIONS: Hot lunch and milk are offered daily. Microwaves are available for those with cold lunch.
ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS AND OTHER HIGHLIGHTS:
- Accelerated middle school curriculum in language, English and math prepairing students for honors/accelerated high school classes, that include Spanish II, French II, Honors English, and Geometry/Algebra II
- Middle school fine arts program offers art, band, choir, drama, and strings
- Specialized education in the performing arts, general education, science and history
- Private instruction available for piano, band, strings and academic tutoring (separate fee)
- Various enrichment and athletic opportunities, including Spelling Team competition, Math Team competition, History Day and Science Fair, athletic tournaments (during school), assemblies and service projects
- Average class size: 20 students
- Teachers trained in Developmental Designs Advisory program, guiding students in meaningful communication and effective social behaviors
- Technology includes 1:1 technology for all students (provided by the school) combined with SmarBoard and SMARTPanels for in class presentations
- Student development through meaningful and relevant programming: Virtuous Leadership program, Peacemakers conflict resolution, Theology of the Body, service projects and character development (integrity, independence, interdependence, leadership)
- Parent portal system for regular communication, daily homework, student progress and grades
COMMUNITY SCHOLARSHIP: Multi-child discounts and other programs make this exceptional education accessible to everyone.
Visit our website: www.stjohnsduluth.org